Tuesday, December 30, 2008

BAD KARMA


Bad karma is something that I never really believed in.
I was always from the school of thought that if something was supposed to happen it will happen , regardless of your bad karma or not.

Recently, I have changed my views on this topic.
The reason being , is solely because of the Jets most recent collapse.

You see, I'm one of the few Yankee/Jets fans.
So I know my share of sports disappointment's.
Thank Goodness though that I am Not a Mets/Jets fan.
If that were the case I probably would not be here typing this post. I would either be in a mental asylum or rather at the edge of the Verezanno bridge.

Over the past few seasons, Since the Yankees basically have been a non factor. I got the next best thing.
In case you were wondering what that may be , let me tell you .
Every Yankee fan , whether he likes to admit it or not .
Loves to see the New York Mets fail.
Its not because us Yankees fans despise the Mets .
But We love to see the Mets fans suffer in anguish.
I know that sounds kinda sick and twisted.
But what do you expect from us? Mets fans have as much hatred for the Yankees than the love they have for the Mets .
Its only natural for Yankee's fans to have mutual feelings.

So when the Mets Collapsed for the second straight season to their FLORIDA rival , I was down right jubilant.

Not only did I rub it in every single Mets fans that I know faces.
I declared that September should be renamed , "Another Amazin Mets Collapse Month " .
I realized it wasn't catchy enough to get the rest of the world to agree with me so I quit my campaign.

The 2008 NFL season started out so promising for the New York Jets.
With the Acquisitions of a hall of Fame QB in Favre and the rest of the Pro Bowlers . The Jets were primed to make a serious push at the post season. In the NFL , once you're in the Post season, anything can happen.

So you could imagine, Myself along with most of the Jets fan base was reved up for the roller coaster ride that the Jets always provide. Except this season , the general pulse of Jets Nation was "this year is different"

I don't know why, but every freakin year I fool myself and say this will finally be the season.
I seem to forget that this team has broken my heart time and again.
I seem to forget that this is a cursed organization and no matter who the personal on the field or off, that we will never win.

And you know what? I probably will forget these facts at the start of next season as well. But that's the beauty of football and the rest of sports for that matter.

After the Jets handed the Undefeated high and mighty Titans Their first loss of the season and ran there record to 8-3 , you could imagine the sudden SUPER expectations the Jest have suddenly painted themselves.

Newspapers , radio shows, power rankings, you name it . Were all just putting the Jets in the Championship game, some even the Superbowl.

Not only was I buying into the fact that this Jets team is Different . I was already looking to purchase Playoff tickets!

With a relatively soft schedule for the remainder of the season.
You couldn't even dream of them managing to not make it. Every aspect of The Jets , either Offense, defense and even special teams were flat out dominant.

this is where the bad karma comes in.
I rooted so hard for the Mets NOT to make it. I also rooted SO hard for the FLORIDA marlins to give the Mets the final knock out punch. To my dismay, I was granted my wish.

As the Jest were in the final stages of there most recent debacle .
It was only befitting it came by the hands of the hated FLORIDA rival.

To add insult to injury. Once fan favorite Chad Pennington (still is) who was casted off to make way for the big bad Brett Favre.Was the face of the Dolphins. Gave the Jets A Knock Out blow of there own.
This also added a new wrinkle in the Bill Parcels saga.

I truly believe this was a typical case of bad Karma.

6 comments:

abie said...

all i can say sam..is that this jets collapse does not come near the past 2 mets collapses that i went through..

I disagree that Mets fans hate the yankees more than they like the Mets..it may only seem that way because the Mets haven't had the same success as the yanks...

Speaking for myself..I have little or no hatred of the yankees..I may have a little jealousy of their ability to spend money..but then again what non-yankee fan wouldn't

Anonymous said...

jets suck and so does this blog

Anonymous said...

It seems my language skills need to be strengthened, because I totally can not read your information, but I think this is a good BLOG

Anonymous said...

Although we have differences in culture, but do not want is that this view is the same and I like that!

Anonymous said...

Read your article, if I just would say: very good, it is somewhat insufficient, but I am

still tempted to say: really good!
Personalized http://www.jsfishnet.com

Anonymous said...

Good article, good things, good feelings, good BLOG!
Saftey Net